Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good-bye Long Island...

So, the girls and I just cleaned out our apartment. We have about an hour before we head over to the Deadman's Cay airport to check-in for our flight to Nassau. I have been feeling SO much better for the last 24 hours - I wish I could go out and do some research now! Oh well...it was a good trip overall, despite the missing luggage, missed flight, and throat and ear infections...I really did learn a lot and got a chance to enjoy some more of this world's beautiful natural wonders.

One of my roommates, Wendy, teaches fourth grade in LA and she is posting a travel blog on the LA Times website. She actually mentioned me in her first blog (although she spelled my last name wrong, I'll forgive her) and it's pretty informative (moreso than I have been here!) - so check it out...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thehomeroom/2008/07/wendy-gorton-a.html

Here are a couple last pictures for ya...I'll try to update a lot more to shutterfly once I get to FL or CA.

Here's me yesterday, back at Dean's Blue Hole. It was such a beautiful day. Everybody else got to cliff jump down into the hole, but I wasn't allowed to get my head wet, so I was just lazy in the shallows. : )
Here's an octopus that one of the girls found in a conch shell in the water. I got a cool video of him coming out of the shell, going back in and coming out again. It takes too long to load, but I can share that later. : )

So that about wraps it up for now - hope everyone is having a great summer! Sorry my blog wasn't too exciting at times...wasn't quite feeling my same witty self. : )

No comments: